Monday, March 29, 2010

Bariloche



On Saturday, Nancy and Marcello (AFS volunteer and husband) took Tahlia (an AFS student) and myself to visit Bariloche. It really is a beautiful place and reminds me of Queenstown in our South Island. We had a visit with Clarissa, who is an Français teacher in Bariloche. She spoke Spanish so beautifully we had a lovely visit. She was able to tell me about some Spanish songs that are suitable for teaching junior children. She even sung for me!


Llao Llao Hotel

We drove around the lake to Llao Llao, Which is a hotel that belongs to the Leading Hotels of the World group so very exclusive!! It is in the most beautiful setting, surrounded by water, mountains, trees and a golf course. Quite spectacular! From there we went into a National Park, the trees and flora were interesting, again some fantastic views.




While Marcello went to a meeting the ladies went shopping. Bariloche is known for its chocolate so it was very interesting to see all the window displays. The chocolate was impossible to resist! The shopping centers were very modern and lots of goods, Although many of them are obviously for tourists. I bought a couple of T Shirts, some CD's and some chocolate.

A Giant Easter Egg. Feliz Pascale.


We arrived home about 10.30pm, I was quite exhausted but my host was ready to go dancing! I do not know how these Argentineans keep up the pace!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful place. I have heard people talk about Bariloche when I was in Parana and saw their photos. The chocolates look exquisite. There is a lot to be said for siestas!

    ReplyDelete