Sunday, May 2, 2010

Adios

I guess all things must come to an end sometime and now I am back in New Zealand, happy to be home but also missing El Bolson!!

My lovely class at Munduna farewelled me with presents and lots of hugs. Moni was such a sweet welcoming teacher to be with. The children gave me a key holder with some Patagonian flowers in it and Moni gave me a mate and yerba. I will treasure my momentos from El Bolson, and the wonderful people who welcomed me and made me feel so much at home.

Nancy, Vicky, Maria and I went out for dinner on the Friday night as I left the next morning to go to Bariloche and then to San Martin for the weekend. Nancy and Vicky were the AFS contacts who planned my visits and made me very welcome in their homes so many times during my stay in El Bolson.

I felt sad to say goodbye to Maria at the bus the next morning. It was freezing cold and very windy, definitely wintery. Only 23 pesos to travel to Bariloche-about $10NZ for a two hour bus ride. I managed to get a couple of hours shopping fitted in during my quick visit to Bariloche.

My month in Argentina was very special, I feel very priviliged to have shared in the lives of so many people and to have the experience of being in so many schools. My Spanish has improved so much but I did feel that I still have so much to learn. I hope I can continue to improve and find a way to continue speaking and practising.

No comments:

Post a Comment